You're underrating the power of HDR displays on your smartphone

Until today, I have not been able to try the HDR10 technology on a smartphone. In truth, I didn’t even want to evaluate it, because it seemed that there wasn’t much benefit from it, but I was very mistaken. And in this article I’ll try to explain what exactly made me change my position and why now I recommend everyone to buy phones with HDR10 support.
Surprisingly, I was able to evaluate the technology on a rather cheap smartphone from Xiaomi - we are talking about Mi 9 Lite. The device is equipped with a 6.39-inch superAMOLED display with FullHD resolution and HDR10 support.

HDR10 supports applications: Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Google Play Movies, VUDU, Disney + and others.

Before evaluating such a screen, I knew what HDR10 was and why this technology was needed. It significantly improves picture quality and makes dark areas very dark, and bright, on the contrary, very bright. This technology is typical to support precisely AMOLED displays because of the high contrast and brightness. We have explained in detail the features of HDR displays in this material .
Turning off the lights in the room and plunging into complete darkness, I decided to open YouTube, which supports HDR content. Then two videos were watched. I will publish them below, so you can evaluate yourself.


Having opened the first video, making the screen brightness maximum, I started watching. And when flying luminous balls appeared in the frame at the beginning of the video, I almost fell off my chair. The balls shone so brightly that it seemed like the light was real and could be felt with your hands. There was a feeling of the volume of the light source, and it was simply amazing - it instantly plunged me into the scene. The impression of the presence of balls in reality was created.

Next, I opened the second video to evaluate the HDR10 mode when watching a regular movie. It is clear that one thing is a demonstration of technology, and another is ordinary cinema. “Joker”, of course, can hardly be called an “ordinary” movie, but you understand what I mean. So, what did I get from watching a piece of the film? They can not be compared with balls, simply because the final scene of the “Joker” cannot boast of active shots, but I noticed very subtle details.When the Joker's wet eyes were covered with tears, I began to notice how much they shine especially under the influence of spotlights. They clearly stood out from the overall scene, and this feeling is amazing. Another point that also surprised was the scene where the camera is located in the auditorium and we can see the spotlights directed towards the stage. The light from these spotlights stands out strongly from the overall scene, creating a sense of its volume. Due to this, it seems that you are watching 3D video.conclusions
Just two videos were enough to understand how beautiful HDR technology is. And now I simply can’t imagine how to watch ordinary films without the support of this technology. It is interesting to find out if there are any owners of devices with HDR10 support among readers, share your impressions in the comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEFILA MEDLEY LYRICS WITH TRANSLATION BY buhle zulu FT.JOYOUS CELEBRATION 24

Download Splendid Cartoons - FEVER STEW mp4

Download Splendid Cartoons - SIDE CHICK 19 (Concluding part of Season One) mp4