Augustine Miles Kelechi (Tekno Miles or Tekno) Biography, Net Worth, Age

“I was born in Bauchi, then I stayed in Nassarawa, Kaduna and Abuja. My dad was in the army and it was one of the things that helped me when I was growing up, because I knew I couldn't mess up. But he made me go into music, he used to play the guitar and he made me take piano lessons. So everytime I played something new, he'd buy me a gift, so I didn't just jump into music, growing up for me was centred around music, as a child, my toys were the piano and guitar. 


'Dance' came from me hearing a beat I like. That's how I sing, I don't sit down and decide what to write, sometimes I can hear someone's beat playing and I'm inspired to write. So the whole song was actually the intro of the beat because I didn't really like the other part of the beat. So I told E-kelly and we took it out, that's why it's the same thing playing till the end. I didn't want something complicated because Nigerians don't really like complicated things so I kept toying with it till I had something playful and nice. When I put it out I got insulted, people said I had better songs to put out but I said don't worry, and 2 months after it's grown big. It's so big that I'm even shocked”. TEKNO _ In Pulse Nigeria


Augustine Miles Kelechi (born December 17, 1992) popularly known by his stage name Tekno Miles or Tekno, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, producer, performer and dancer. He is a descent of Ebonyi state. He was born in Bauchi, Bauchi State, Nigeria.



EARLY LIFE AND BEGINNIGS

Born Augustine Miles Kelechi is a descent of Ebonyi State. He was born in Bauchi State. He grew up in several parts of the country including Nassarawa, Kaduna and Abuja due to the fact that his father was a member of the Nigerian Army. At the age of 8, Tekno Miles was enrolled in a music school where he learnt and mastered the rudiments of playing the piano and guitar.
CAREER
Tekno Miles was first signed under K-Money Entertainment. His first single titled "Holiday" was released under the imprint. With featured vocals from Davido, "Holiday" was positively accepted and gained massive airplay.
In 2012 while in Abuja, Tekno Miles was spotted by renowned Nigerian comedian Julius Agwu at an event after Tekno Miles received a standing ovation following the performance of a song titled "Onye Ne Kwu", his remix of Ice Prince's "Oleku". It was at the same event he met Iyanya and Ubi Franklyn, the manager of Made Men Music Group who he became friends with. Ubi and Iyanya eventually encouraged Tekno Miles to move to Lagos to further his music career
On October 5, 2013, he signed a music contract with Made Men Music Group under which he released singles like "Dance" and "Anything" which won him a nomination in the "Best New act of the Year" category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. On June 18, 2015, Tekno Miles released a song titled "Duro" which was positively received. A remix which featured Phyno and Flavour N'abania was released on November 16, 2015. "Duro" was produced by DJ Coublon. It topped several charts in Nigeria and on the international scene, it peaked at #5 on Capital XTRA's "Afrobeats Chart: Top 10" for September 2015. On November 20, 2015, Tekno Miles released a single titled "Wash". The song was produced by DJ Coublon with the video directed by AJE Films.

DISCOGRAPHY

Singles

As lead artist
Year
Title
Album
2013
"Holiday"
Non-album single
"Onye Ne Kwu" (featuring Ice Prince)
2014
"Dance"
"Shoki" (featuring B-Red)
"Go Low"
"Zima"
"Jonzing"
"Anything"
2015
"Duro"
TBA
"Maria"
"Wash"
2016
"Where"
Non-Album single
"Pana"

As featured artist
Year
Title
Album
2012
"Ride" (Sammy featuring Tekno)
Non-album single
2013
"Rakaka (Remix)" (GospelOnTheBeatz featuring K-Swith & Tekno)
2014
"Say Yeah" (Triple MG featuring IyanyaEmma Nyra, Tekno, Selebobo & Baci)
Triple MG – The Evolution
"Mashup" (DJ TTB featuring Ajebutter, Runtown & Tekno)
Non-album single
"Amarachi" (Kankz featuring Tekno)
"Boniface" (Dumex featuring Tekno & Selebobo)
"Forever" (A'won Boyz featuring Tekno)
"Shaba" (Young D featuring Tekno & Sossick)
"Killing Me Slow" (JoshBeatz featuring Tekno & Dammy Krane)
2015
"Bum Bum" (Stylezz featuring Tekno)
"Panya" (Bracket featuring Tekno)
"Yudala" (Triple MG featuring Iyanya, Tekno, Selebobo, Baci & Mystro)
"Give Them" (Prince Boom featuring Reekado Banks & Tekno)
"Feeling You" (Rima featuring Tekno)
"Your Face" (Nature Bee featuring Tekno)
"Pray For Me" (Lynxxx featuring Tekno)
"Freaky" (SperoachBeatz featuring Tekno)
2016
"Bad Man" (Rhyme featuring Tekno)
"Mama Oyoyo" (Yemi Alade featuring Iyanya, Olamide, Tekno & Selebobo)
"Sisi (Remix)" (Sexy Steel featuring Tekno & Olamide)



AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
Year
Award ceremony
Prize
Recipient/Nominated work
Result
2014
2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
Best New Act of The Year
Himself
Nominated
2015
9th Nigeria Music Video Awards
Best Pop Extra Video
"Duro"
Won
2016
2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
Hottest Single
Nominated
Best Music Video of the Year
Nominated
Afropop Artist of the Year
Himself
Nominated
2016
MTV Africa Music Awards 2016
Best New Act
Himself
Won
WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards
African Video of the Year
Best African Male Video
Best West African Video
Best Afro Pop Video
Pana
Nominated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEFILA MEDLEY LYRICS WITH TRANSLATION BY buhle zulu FT.JOYOUS CELEBRATION 24

Download Splendid Cartoons - FEVER STEW mp4

Download Splendid Cartoons - SIDE CHICK 19 (Concluding part of Season One) mp4