BELINA (TENDER BEAUTY) EPISODE 2


Belina
Belina


Belina (Tender Beauty)

EPISODE 2

I stared at Tunji coldly,”what are you doing here?”
He shook his head, ” Is that the way you greet
your future husband? let me in”, he ordered. I
laughed mockingly, “you are crazy. I have always
known that, but I didn’t know it was this serious”.
He scoffed. “Belina”, dad yelled and I stiffened.
“let him in now”. I stood with my arms akimbo
blocking the doorway. “BELINA” I eyed Tunji and
reluctantly stepped aside. I slammed the door after
him with so much force that the house shook. Dad
glared at me but turned towards Tunji and grinned.
“Good morning Mr Badmus”, Tunji said. “Morning my
son. Sorry for her rude behaviour, she is just being
childish”, dad said. I rolled my eyes in disgust.
Amazing what people would do for wealth and
power. ‘why can’t this idiot take ‘no’ for an
answer?” i wondered. “I am through with the
arrangements sir”, Tunji was saying smiling at me.
Dad nearly jumped out of his skin in excitement.
“oh, oh Tunji, you are God sent, God bless you a
million times, ah…”
Puzzled, I asked, “what arrangement?” Before he
could answer, my phone rang, noticing that it was
Prisca, I went to the room to answer it. Unlike our
usually long chats, the call ended within two
minutes. Unable to conceal my joy, I practically
danced round my room after letting out a loud
scream of joy. Dad and Tunji ran into my room.
“What are you doing here?” I asked unable to hide
my happiness. “What do you mean by that? what is
all the fuss about?” Tunji asked. “Well, I just got
a job, and not just a job, a very good one”, I said
grinning proudly. Dad and Tunji stared at each
other. “well, you are not taking the job”, Dad said.
“Excuse me?” “Yes, we would be travelling to
London on Saturday. The arrangements have been
made, so start preparing cos the wedding would be
done immediately we get there”. Dad said. I
blanched.
**********
**********
The tension in the waiting room of best result
hospital can be sliced with a knife. The nurses are
on their toes doing one thing or the other. The
waiting room is unusually rowdy and the people are
busy moving from pillar to post and not even the
nurses were able to calm them down. Some decided
to take their burden to God, asking Him to take
control.
The reason for the turmoil laid on the bed in the
operating room with three doctors attending to
him. He had been involved in a fatal accident on
his way out and was unconscious. We have been told
to avoid ‘one way’ in Lagos, but some people would
just not listen. Best Result hospital happened to be
close by so he was immediately rushed there.
Adewale rushed into the hospital like a possessed
man. He say Deji’s family members and some
friends and instantly knew that the news was not a
frame up. “No”, he screamed. People gathered to
help him and calm him down but he was violent.
“No, he must not die”, he said to no one or
actually everyone. “He was coming to see me, I … i
…” The nurses moved him to a chair, “pls calm
down young man, everything would be fine”, one of
the nurses said.
Adewale held on to that statement like his life
depended on it and started saying it to himself.
“Can you pls be quiet?” one of deji’s close friends
yelled out of frustration.
The three doctors came out after about two hours.
they looked tired and sapped as they made for their
offices. Doctor Richard headed towards the waiting
room and upon entering, everyone held on to him
like a lifeline asking all sort of questions. The
doctor tried to make out one question but could
not. Finally, he said, “calm down everyone, he is
alive”.
Everyone started talking at the same time again
but this time, they were talking to God. Deji’s
father went to meet the doctor and said, “thank
you doctor, God bless you, e ko ni ri laburu
“yes sir. He is alive sir but he needs prayers now
cos he is in a coma. The accident affected his
head and his survival chances are slim”, doctor
Richard said.
Deji’s father’s face froze and it seemed like he had
seen a ghost. Adewale who had been eavesdropping
suddenly went to hold the Doctor’s shirt. “Please,
make sure he survives doctor. He wouldn’t be on
that bed if i hadn’t insisted that he come to my
place. I would not be able to bear it if he…, if
he…”
Doctor Richard placed his head on his table some
minutes later deeply distressed. Memories which he
had tried hard to blurt out came uninhibited to his
mind; those were the memories that gave him
consistent nightmares. A tap on his shoulders
jerked him from his demons. “What is wrong
Richard?” Doctor Tony who was Richard’s best
friend asked. “I… I am fine.” “No, you are not. If
you did not hear me calling your name, you are not
fine.” Tony said looking worried. “It is nothing..
The tension in the waiting room was just more
than i bargained for.” Richard said standing up.
Tony laughed a bit, “Rich, you are a doctor and you
definitely have faced worse. Richard sighed, “the
accident of the patient occurred when he was on
his way to a friend’s place and the poor guy is
almost ripping his head off in guilt”. Still not
getting his point, Tony asked, “And?” Richard
glared at him, “Tony, that patient has only 20%
chance of survival and i can’t watch him die. Do
you remember that i know exactly what that guy in
the waiting room is facing?” Alarmed, Tony stood
up, “Richard, you are not still blaming yourself for
what happened then, are you?” he asked. Richard
looked at him, his eyes haunted, “Tony, i still have
nightmares. i can’t forget. i have tried all i know
can as a doctor and i don’t wish even my enemy
would be in my position”, he said and took a deep
breath. “i would get some air”, he said and left
the office…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEFILA MEDLEY LYRICS WITH TRANSLATION BY buhle zulu FT.JOYOUS CELEBRATION 24

Download Splendid Cartoons - FEVER STEW mp4

Download Splendid Cartoons - SIDE CHICK 19 (Concluding part of Season One) mp4